The Department of Residence Life at American Jewish University seeks to provide a safe, secure and clean living-learning environment that complements the educational mission of the University and contributes to the students' individual and interpersonal growth and development.
- To challenge residents to accept responsibility for themselves as individuals, as well as for other members of the community.
- To assist students in creating an environment with their roommate based on mutual respect and responsibility.
- To provide well-trained staff to assist residents in their pursuit of a successful college experience.
- To serve as a liaison to facilities staff in order to respond to resident concerns regarding their physical surroundings.
- To help students develop a sense of belonging in their residential community by supporting opportunities for student involvement and leadership.
- To offer to residents programs that encourage social, diverse, moral, and intellectual interaction that complements the educational mission of the University.
Residence Life Office (RLO)
The Residence Life Office or RLO is located on the first floor of Keefer Hall. Typically, a staff member is in the office between the hours of 8:30AM until 5:00PM. In addition, security personnel are based out of the Conferences Office located in Rochlin hall between 10:00PM and 7:00AM.